As the rain pours down and the wind howls through the trees this November I think it’s always nice to have a sound track that suits this months weather. So here is my novemeber sound track…
1. November- Gabrielle Aplin (English rain album): Not only is it perfectly named for November the lyrics also reflect the weather we’re currently seeing.
“I always used to love November
But now it always floods with rain
Oh how can I forgive?
Those words will stain forever”
2. Banana pancakes- Jack Johnson: Again it’s the lyrics that put this song on my November soundtrack…
“Can’t you see that it’s just raining?
Ain’t no need to go outside…
But, baby, you hardly even notice
When I try to show you this
Song is meant to keep you
From doing what you’re supposed to.
Waking up too early
Maybe we can sleep in
Make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it’s the weekend now
And we could pretend it all the time
Can’t you see that it’s just raining?
There ain’t no need to go outside”
To me the idea of lying in bed with no where to go while the rain patters down on the roof and trickles down the window create the perfect November.
3. Wonderwall- Oasis: Firstly because love the song and secondly because the emotion in the song in my opinion reflects the November weather. And finally because of the lyrics “And all the roads we have to walk are winding, and all the lights that lead us there are blinding” remind me of walking about when it’s gone dark and cold and the street lights are bright above you but they still only seem to light a small area.
4. Set fire to the rain- Adele: Again this one is here because of it’s rain related lyrics
“But I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
‘Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!”
5. When the sun goes down- Arctic Monkeys: Because it’s dark and has connotations to the early setting sun. And finally because it’s one of my favourite songs.
“They said it changes when the sun goes down
Over the river going out of town
They said it changes when the sun goes down
Around here, around here”
6. The recluse- Plan B: Like Banana pancake this one is on my November playlist because it’s lyrics suggest sitting inside and doing nothing.
“Oh yeah they call me ‘The Recluse‘
‘Cause I don’t go outside for nothin’, no one
Is gonna make me leave this room
Oh no they can’t tell me nothin’, no way”
7. Fix you- Coldplay: This song is on here because it’s a beautiful song that always makes me feel warm even when it’s cold outside. And because the lyrics like all Coldplays songs are genius…
“When you try your best, but you don’t succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can’t sleep
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can’t replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you”
8. Tears dry on their own- Amy Winehouse: This one is in my soundtrack because the idea of tear reminds me of rain drops rolling down a window.
And those are my November soundtrack songs! What is your favourite and most ideal November song and why?
(I take no credit and own no rights to the lyrics and music seen above)
- November (thenonsensechronicles.wordpress.com)
- Shazam Player serves up song lyrics in style (reviews.cnet.com)