Ok so I haven’t written on here for a while so I guess it’s time to catch up.
Both were great days out and gave me a chance to see new cities that I have never been to before. Particularly Sheffield city which being about 4 hours away from where I live is a place I would probably not have got round to seeing soon if not ever.
The first of two universities I visited was Sheffield Hallam and it was a weekend away a greatly enjoyed. In order to take advantage of the fact that we had to travel so far for the open day we decided to stay overnight on Saturday ready for the open day on Sunday. The Saturday we got to take in the city. We walked through The Winter Gardens. Ate food in one of the many restaurants in the city. And finally went to see a play at the beautiful Lyceum theatre.
The open day the following morning was very good and offered a quick and essay way to sign in. Once done we listened to a welcome to and an accommodation talk before going to the pinnacle of the day…. The Journalism talk.
I have found for all 3 of my open days that this is the most important thing to do when at an open day. Not only do they tell you what is talked in the course but also how it is assessed. However for me the most important part of the subject talk is meeting the team that run and lecture for the course as it gives you a chance to show them who you are, ask them what they expect in good candidates and finally see if you’ll fit in.
My Final open day to Portsmouth meant not as far to go, but still meant at 6;30am start (too early for anyone really) but it gives you plenty of time to get there sign in and do everything that’s needed.
Portsmouth’s open day like the others allowed me to see the city and even get a bit a outlet shopping done in the cities lovely Gunwarf Quays.
- Sheffield Hallam University (katieridleysblog.wordpress.com)
- Balloon Kenya: Sheffield Hallam University ‘Global Graduates’ Presentation – Video (djgarlick.wordpress.com)
- Baroness Lawrence ‘honoured’ by university doctorate (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Sheffield Hallam on the flag! (2013saharatrek.wordpress.com)
- educase studies: Sheffield Hallam (educatelimited.wordpress.com)
- General education discussion – Re: University of Portsmouth ECCE Society Projects (raspberrypi.org)
- Portsmouth Uni Open Day (mynameisnotsebwestcott.wordpress.com)
- What’s new (thehindu.com)
- Induction Week (fulhammonkey.wordpress.com)
- Ucas (latinasam.wordpress.com)